- Q: How long do I have access to a CafeScribe digital textbook?
- Q: How can I purchase or rent a CafeScribe digital textbook?
A: With CafeScribe, you can either purchase or rent a digital textbook depending on the title:
- A rented digital textbook allows you to use the book for 180 days.
- Rental books cannot be converted to purchase but you can always rent the book again and your notes and highlights remain intact.
- A purchased textbook gives you ownership.
A: There are three ways to purchase a CafeScribe digital textbook:
- In person at a Follett campus bookstore.
- Online from your campus online storefront website.
- Online from www.CafeScribe.com.
- Q: How do I purchase or rent a CafeScribe digital textbook from my campus bookstore (physical location)?
A: CafeScribe digital textbooks are available at select bookstores on the shelf with new and used print textbooks. Purchase CafeScribe textbooks by presenting the tear-off ticket.
- Take the ticket for your textbook to the register.
- Purchase it as you would a printed textbook.
Your register receipt has your textbook activation code/PIN and a web address where you activate your purchase. The receipt is stored in a receipt folder that has detailed instructions.
Important: Check your register receipt for the activation code/PIN before you leave the register. Save the receipt because you will need it to activate your digital textbook.
- Q: How do I purchase or rent a CafeScribe digital textbook online from my campus bookstore?
A: CafeScribe digital textbooks are offered on your campus bookstore website as an alternative to purchasing a printed textbook. An email is sent to you that has your textbook activation PIN/code and a web address where you activate your purchase.
- Q: How do I purchase or rent a CafeScribe digital textbook online from www.CafeScribe.com?
A: On www.CafeScribe.com, search for digital textbooks by author, title, keyword, or ISBN. Add your book to your shopping cart and complete your purchase.
After purchasing, you will receive an email with an activation code/PIN. Proceed to www.cafescribe.com and login to the CafeScribe Reader (https://reader.cafescribe.com). To activate your digital textbook:
- Click the “Activate Book(s)” button.
- Enter your activation code/PIN.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to find your textbook.
- Select your textbook.
- Click “Activate Book(s)” button in the lower right corner and your digital textbook is ready to use.
- Q: What if I lose my activation code (PIN/code)?
A: If you lose your activation code/PIN, contact your campus bookstore manager.
If you purchased your CafeScribe digital textbook online through www.CafeScribe.com, or through your campus online storefront website:
- Go to www.CafeScribe.com, or your campus online storefront.
- Click on the ‘My Account’ link in the upper right corner.
- Login to the account.
- Once logged in, click on ‘Order Status’ towards the top right.
- The information below the ‘Order History Summary’ should display the purchase/receipt/order number information.
- Click on the order number to view the details of the purchase.
- Within the details of that receipt, the Activation Code/PIN can be located in a section titled ‘Digital Order Details’.